Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Prayers Needed

I wasn't sure I wanted to post this, but I know the power of prayer and need it right now :) A couple years ago, I had some moles removed from various places on my body. They were all shaved or scraped and biopsied, but one of them came back as being moderately dysplastic and I needed to go back and get more of it removed. Well, I was pregnant when that appointment rolled around and didn't want to mess with it because it was on the lower part of my breast and they were just too sore due to pregnancy.

Long story short, I didn't get around to going back to the dermatologist until a few weeks ago. After looking at the mole again, she decided it had grown quite a bit and because another scraping wouldn't get enough of it, she sent me to see a surgeon. He agreed that it needed to be taken care of fast (which is just a scary thing to hear when dealing with something that could be melanoma). Hopefully, once it's removed, the biopsy will come back clean and I will have worried over nothing. However, the other chance is that it is melanoma and we will have to take another path if they didn't get it all.

So, please pray that God will heal me and that it is something small (and hopefully benign) that will be taken care of with the complete removal of the mole. Please also pray that this breast surgery will not impede nursing Ella because I really want to continue breastfeeding her until she is a year old, but am worried about the placement of the stitches because they are planning to make a 4-5 centimeter wide incision.

The surgery is scheduled for this Friday afternoon. I'm meeting with one more surgeon this afternoon to get another opinion because surgeries scare me (my last surgery on my knee didn't end so good if you remember), so I'll know even more later today.

I tend to have an overactive mind too, which has made this all worse because I naturally start to assume the worst. I'm trying to take one day at a time and think positive, but it's hard to do and I've become an emotional mess. So, I'm praying for peace and comfort during this time along with healing.

Love to you all!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment