Tuesday, November 17, 2009

End of the 2nd Trimester

Well, the second trimester is coming to a close this week. I'm torn on how I feel about that. It's super exciting that we are getting closer to having our baby girl in our arms, which is a scary thing at the same time. Plus, I've felt so good during my 2nd trimester, that I'm scared of all the aches and pains I've read are headed my way during the 3rd trimester. I've enjoyed every second of being pregnant and feeling my baby girl dancing inside of me. She is very energetic and strong, and I can't help but smile every time I get jabbed because it just makes it so real and feels like she is communicating her love to me. God has blessed us women with this miracle and it amazes me each day.

I had my 27 week appointment last week and we had the opportunity to see our baby girl again. She has a stubborn streak already and refused to move at all during the ultrasound, which is exactly what happened at our 19 week appointment. Therefore, we were unable to verify with 100% accuracy that she is indeed a girl. At our 19 week ultrasound, the doctor said he was 97% sure it was a girl, but I really want that 100% guarantee :) I'm not good at surprise, plus the nursery is already pink. My doctor said she is healthy and weighing in at 2 pounds. She is kind of on the small side at this point, in the 35 percentile, but has a strong heartbeat and looks great.

We took belly shots again on Sunday to document my expanding belly...it's so crazy how it can stretch like that! I will post them soon, along with some shots of the nursery walls :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. We are all so excited for you. What a blessing. I cannot wait to call your sweet parents Grandma & Grandpa. What name are you planning for them and for Mark's parents? Keep up the good posting. I enjoy it so much. Just want to see some pictures when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete